Explorer 2 Light Sensor Dark level Setting
28 September 2023 | Admin
Sometimes the built in LUX sensor may need recalibrating. Below is the test to check and recalibration method if required.
Check to see if your Explorer LUX sensor needs recalibrating using this simple test:
- Turn on the Explorer by pressing any button.
- Use a finger tip to tightly press over the light sensor hole on the rear panel (sunburst icon) and face the Explorer under a desk to ensure it is relatively dark.
- The LUX reading should read close to 0.
If your Explorer reads higher than 4 or 5 LUX with your finger covering the sensor in a dark area then you need to recalibrate it.
How to recalibrate the LUX sensor on Explorer 2
- Turn on the Explorer 2 by pressing any button.
- Using the Red Menu key step through and then press Green to select the ‘Addition Quiz’
- Press the Red button 10 times (note nothing will happen on the screen until the tenth press) On the tenth press the display will change to show all three built in sensor readings.
- Use a finger tip to tightly press over the light sensor hole on the rear panel (sunburst icon) and face the Explorer under a desk to ensure it is a relatively dark.
- When you are sure that the Light sensor is tightly covered with a finger and also in a dark place press the Green button.
This will reset the Light sensor LUX reading to read 0 Lux.
Your LUX Light sensor recalibration has now been reset and you can press the left hand red button to return to the Menu and use the Explorer 2 normally.